1. Exhibit management will provide security personnel during the hours the exhibit is closed. However, exhibitors are solely responsible for their own materials and should insure them against loss or damage.
2. Exhibitors must staff booths during exhibit hours with individuals who can effectively explain all products and services on display. Each staff member must wear an official exhibitor identification badge.
3. The BCCE reserves the right to modify exhibit hours and relocate exhibits as necessary to meet program needs, fire marshal restrictions and local codes.
4. Exhibitors agree to confine all sales-related activities in the conference area to their assigned booths. Social affairs arranged by exhibitors must not conflict with program events.
5. Exhibitors agree not to dismantle or pack up their displays before the close of the exhibition. The BCCE will assess a $250 fee to any exhibiting company that dismantles, packs, or abandons its booth before takedown time.
Construction and Arrangement
1. Exhibits must not project beyond the space allocated or obstruct view of the exhibits of others. Reasonable effort must be made to provide space within the confines of the booth for demonstrations and distribution of materials, so that visitors do not obstruct aisles.
2. No construction in booths will be permitted to exceed 44 inches in height, except in the back half of the booth, where construction shall not exceed eight feet. Construction above 44" must begin at least three feet back from the aisle line.
3. Any unattractive part of an exhibit, such as unfinished sides or end panels, must be draped at the expense of the exhibitor. The BCCE reserves the right to have such finishing done, billing the exhibitor for charges incurred.
4. All decorations must be flame proof. All hangings must clear the floor. Exhibits must conform to electrical safety rules and fire safety regulations.
5. Nothing will be posted on, tacked, nailed, screwed, or otherwise attached to the columns, walls, floors, ceiling, furniture, or other property of the exhibit facility. Exhibitors and their agents shall not damage or deface the walls or floors of the exhibition area. If such damage occurs, the exhibitor is liable to the university for property so damaged.
6. Exhibits shall not be installed or erected more than six hours prior to the authorized exhibit time. Exhibits must be removed from the conference site two hours after the end of the exhibit period unless prior arrangements have been made by the exhibitor with the Exhibits Chair for later removal.
1. No exhibitor shall assign, sublet, or share the space allotted without knowledge and consent of the BCCE. Exhibitors must show only goods manufactured or dealt in by them in the regular course of business. All exhibits, interviews, demonstrations, and distribution of materials shall be confined exclusively to the assigned booth and must be relevant to the products/services of the exhibitor and shall not be made primarily to attract or amuse. Sufficient space must be provided within the booth to contain persons watching demonstrations and other promotional activities. Each exhibitor is responsible for keeping the aisles near its booth free of congestion resulting from its demonstrations or other promotions.
2. Musical instruments, radios, sound motion picture equipment, CD players, or any other noise-making machines shall be operated only at a sound level that will not interfere with other exhibitors or add unduly to the general background noise level.
3. Distribution of items other than literature describing the company's products/services is discouraged. Such distribution is not prohibited, however, if it does not violate standards of good taste or tend to introduce a carnival atmosphere.
1. All exhibits must have a recognized educational or public service value to the program participants.
2. The BCCE reserves the right to restrict exhibits, which because of noise, odors, fumes, method of operation, materials, or any other reason, become objectionable and also to prohibit or evict any exhibit as a whole. This reservation includes persons, things, conduct, printed matter, or anything of a character that the management determines to be objectionable to the exhibit. In the event of such restrictions or eviction, BCCE management is not liable for any refunds of rentals or other exhibit expenses.
3. Exhibitors shall be expected to adhere to the time schedule as determined by the BCCE and to general University rules of good conduct.
4. The exhibitor must surrender the occupied space in the same condition a it was at the commencement of occupation.
1. Cancellations in writing will be allowed up to 28 March 2018 with a $50 cancellation fee. For cancellations postmarked after that date but before 4 May 2018, a fee of $150 per booth space will be assessed. After 4 May 2018, no booth fees will be refunded.
2. If booth space is not occupied four hours prior to the exhibit opening, management shall have the right to use the space as it sees fit. No refund will be made in this case.
1. Exhibitors must provide all services that they customarily require. All contractors must work in conjunction with hosting facility staff, and must obey and follow all restrictions.
2. Services for additional furniture and labor is at the exhibitor's own expense. Exhibitors will also need to provide their own extension cords. Exhibit Chairs will be available to answer questions and direct service providers.
3. Drayage - TBD.
1. Exhibitor on behalf of itself, its members, agents and employees hereby releases the BCCE, the University of Notre Dame, its trustees, officers, agents and employees, from all liabilities and claims for damages and/or suites for or by reason of any injury or injuries to any person or persons or property of any kind whatsoever, whether the person or property of Exhibitor, its members, agents or employees, or third persons, from any cause or causes whatsoever while exhibitor is in or upon University premises or any part thereof during the term of this Agreement, or occasioned by any occupancy or use of premises or any activity carried on by the exhibitor in connection therewith.
2. The exhibitor hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the BCCE and their representatives, the University of Notre Dame, its trustees, officers, agents and employees, from and against any and all liability, claims, changes,expenses (including counsel fees) and costs on account of or by reason of any injuries, liability, claims, suites, or losses however occurring of damages growing out of the same, arising our of Exhibitor's exhibit on University premises, whether of not caused in part by a party indemnified hereunder.
There is a button on the exhibitor registration page which indicates that you have read and agree to abide by the above rules and regulations and to those found on the general information page for exhibitors. Submission of the electronic registration constitutes your signature and agreement with these terms.
Exhibitors will be asked to check off on the Exhibitor Registration site that they have read and agree to the conditions at the right as part of the agreement to reserve space at the 25th BCCE.
Therefore, please read these items carefully prior to completing your registration.
Dr. Steven Wietstock
General Chair, BCCE 2018
331 Jordan Hall
Notre Dame, IN 46556
The University of Notre Dame